[FIXED] Game crashes before, well almost anything

[FIXED] Game crashes before, well almost anything

Postby ltolman » 06 June 2012, 02:55

MAN, I have tried it all (just about)

Might just install it and leave it until I hear from someone.

After launching the exe I get:

Focus Home Interactive
A game by Spiders
Faery: Legends

seconds later I barely see "loading" and BAM, game crashes.

I've tried going into compat and checking 'run as admin' but no go
I've tried going into compat and check 'run within windows xp service pack 2' and 'run as admin' but no go
I've made sure both were unselected and right click and chose 'run as admin' but no go
I've tried going into compat and checking 'run as admin' AND even right clicked the exe and ran as admin (for possible double) but still no go
I've un installed/re installed still no go
I've un installed, un installed Physx, re installed let the setup.exe install physx, launch game, still no go
After the last above step, I've went back into Compat options checked 'run as admin' still no go
Within the Setup comes Physx software, I updated the software after the above 2 steps wouldnt work; still wouldnt go
I've un installed the game, re installed using the default directory (C drive not my Games of D Drive); still no go
I've used some of the above steps within C drive and still wouldnt go
I've un installed, re installed back to my D drive (separate partition)..........and now I'm gonna wait F O R E V E R UNTIL I HEAR BACK FROM SOMEONE.

I COULD HAVE SWORN THIS GAME LAUNCHED PRIOR TO UPGRADING MY HARD DRIVE??? AND BY DOING SO INSTEAD OF RUNNING WINDOWS VISTA 32BIT, I'M NOW RUNNING VISTA 64BIT AND NOW THE GAME WONT PLAY :(

So here I am sitting with AMD Phenom x6 1090t ~ 3.2gig processor, 4gigs of RAM because I have Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit installed.

I have PNY GeForce GTS 250 @ 1024mb RAM and using Creative Sound Blaster X Fi Fatal1ty.

My Video Card Driver is up to date, least as of May 22nd 2012, that being said, I think I launched the game prior to May 22nd with the older Graphics Driver and it may have loaded up just fine. So if May 22nd 2012's graphics driver is the issue, HA, looks like another Venetica issue to where Ill play the game one day when I load the correct graphics driver that operates this game.

As far as my sound card driver, its been the same, sometime in 2011 there was an update and like I said. When I bought this game via Gamersgate I believe it played fairly well, character screen and in game too but I was worried about customing controls. Anyways so i then got a new hard drive upgraded my OS, increased my RAM size and now the game wont play??????????

Thanks
ltolman

Re: Game crashes before, well almost anything

Postby ltolman » 21 June 2012, 00:17

Problem solved.

I emailed Tech Support they gave me a patch to download; I now can play the game without crashing (havent played too much, just wanted to make sure it didnt crash)
ltolman

Postby meshuggah12345 » 02 August 2012, 09:20

I just bought this game off of Green Man Gaming and I too am having this same issue. GameServer.dll is causing the game to crash. Is there a patch on the website for this?
meshuggah12345

Postby meshuggah12345 » 06 August 2012, 22:50

I received an e-mail from support from the Focus Home Interactive site containing the patch and now the game works fine. Thank you!
meshuggah12345

Postby peterman » 19 August 2012, 00:39

Hi,

the same here, but with the demo version. It loads for a few seconds and then crashes to the desktop (I think it has something to do with the newest Nvidia drivers). Is there a patch for the demo ? I'm not going to buy a game that doesn't work, so if there's no fix...
peterman

Return to Technical Forum