[FIXED] Game quits at character creation

Re: Game quits at character creation

Postby ColJP » 07 September 2011, 22:29

AndyC682 wrote:Ive tried the exceptions thats not worked.

Rename the PhysX files to what?

delete em to recycle bin, try the game, them restore all items.

then again if you don't want to delete anything, add a "1" in all file names. they won't be recognized that way.
ColJP

Postby camazotz » 08 September 2011, 23:01

Follow up: nothing has worked for me on either my or my wife's PC. I feel this problem requires a proper patch, as clearly newer systems are being affected. I do not have a .dmp file in my Faery User directory, either.

EDIT: Also, deleting or renaming the physx files adds about 2 seconds to the character creation screen before crash.

I'm running Deus Ex and Dead Island on my machine at optimal settings....what is Faery missing?
camazotz

Postby AndyC682 » 09 September 2011, 05:04

I did notice something a bit odd on my last try tho... A dialogue box appears as the 1st loading page transitions in to the very 1st menu you come to, I cant see it very clearly as it only appears for about half a second so i cant tell you for defintate whether its Windows or Faery generating it, but im 80% positive its Faery. As i said tho, cant be sure :?:
AndyC682

Postby ColJP » 09 September 2011, 10:15

AndyC682 wrote:I did notice something a bit odd on my last try tho... A dialogue box appears as the 1st loading page transitions in to the very 1st menu you come to, I cant see it very clearly as it only appears for about half a second so i cant tell you for defintate whether its Windows or Faery generating it, but im 80% positive its Faery. As i said tho, cant be sure :?:

its the game activation (activation.exe in action), no problem there! Don't worry about it.
ColJP

Postby AndyC682 » 10 September 2011, 06:57

Thanks Col :D

Still no reply from the Administrator team then...

Would be nice if we had something official saying that they are working to find a way to fix this and some sort of time frame. Its been over a week since i 1st posted here and close to 3 weeks since the thread was started.

Ive already Uninstalled it. I dont like dead weight on my HD and I really dont think we're gonna see this fixed.
AndyC682

Postby black_and_blue » 02 October 2011, 22:34

Same issue for me.

Worth noting that this wasn't an issue when I bought the game back in June. Maybe there's been some Windows update since then that broke it or something?
black_and_blue

Postby Mewn » 10 October 2011, 22:50

Just purchased the game this morning and having the same issues. I submitted the error report and a few dump_files to support.
Just hoping it doesn't take too long for a fix.
Mewn

Postby AndyC682 » 12 October 2011, 05:33

Mewn wrote:Just purchased the game this morning and having the same issues. I submitted the error report and a few dump_files to support.
Just hoping it doesn't take too long for a fix.

Good luck mate... Im still waiting
AndyC682

Postby odega » 16 October 2011, 15:35

Same here. This is borderline robbery. Why is no one in the tech team giving PC players a patch or at least an honest answer on what the issue is? I have issued a ticket with Gamersgate and will do so with Paypal if nothing is done.
odega

Postby odega » 21 October 2011, 22:57

This was posted @ http://forums.xbox.com/gfw/technical_su ... 69989.aspx

Game crashes on desktop but not laptop. different video graphics card. Nvidia on desktop. IBM on laptop. Have latest nvidia version driver. Removed 280.26 and put 275.33 in it's place. Now it works just fine. The problem appears to be the latest video driver for Nvidia. Explains why it worked before then suddenly broke.

Can this help the tech team to resolve the issue?
odega

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Forum