[FIXED] Game quits at character creation

Re: Game quits at character creation

Postby AndyC682 » 04 September 2011, 06:34

ColJP wrote:I may not get a refund and I don't want money just the game working with nVidia cards but I can open a ticket on PayPal complaining of a completely fawlty product that doesn't actually works as announced!

I think that's the only way, I sent a mail to support a week ago and no answer at all, not here and not by e-mail, it start to sound like a scam...

I will not spend my money again on this developer's products, by now I bought the fawlty PC digital version and the XLA one...

:? :x

I hope its not a scam... that would mean microsoft either new about it or didnt bother to check that the product was sound (I got mine from Windows Live)
Last edited by AndyC682 on 04 September 2011, 06:43, edited 1 time in total.
AndyC682

Postby AndyC682 » 04 September 2011, 06:41

Just recieved this from the only Administrator who bothered to reply to us........

"Sent: 03 September 2011, 07:48
To: AndyC682

Hello Andy,

I don't know what's going on with that issue.
I will give all the information to the technical support since i dont work for Focus anymore.
Before leaving Focus i told the Production Department there was a serious problem for a few people so they should know about it but i'll remind them.
I've just read people had disabled desktop composition and visual theme in the compatibility tab to make it work..."

The fact that this person has LEFT Focus doesnt fill me with much confidence that we'll see this problem sorted :x
AndyC682

Postby ColJP » 04 September 2011, 19:45

darn, that's bad news, my game doesn't even work with the trick above mentioned, still crashes!

its simply second rate fawlty code.

it may not be a scam exactly it was just a figure of speech, but it seems they don't have a clue about what's going on here!

I'll give them hell through PayPal even if I won't get my money, its not the issue anyway!
ColJP

Postby FocusTechSupport » 05 September 2011, 09:22

A computer diagnosis is necessary:

WINDOWS XP
1. Click Start then Run or press Windows and R keys.
2. Type MSINFO32 in the Open box then click OK.
3. Click File then Export.
4. Save the report somewhere convenient like the Desktop (you have to be able to find it).
5. Right mouse click the report and click Send To.
6. Click Compressed (zipped) folder then Yes button.

WINDOWS VISTA/WINDOWS 7
1. Click Windows Start button or press Windows and R keys.
2. Type MSINFO32 in the Search bar (bottom left) or in the Open box and press Enter key.
3. Click File then Export.
4. Save the report somewhere convenient like the Desktop (you have to be able to find it).
5. Right mouse click the report and click Send To.
6. Click Compressed (zipped) folder then Yes button.

Please send the MSINFO32 report to: support@focus-home.com

We are very sorry for inconvenience.
FocusTechSupport
Administrateur

Postby ColJP » 05 September 2011, 19:27

I don't get it!

Why do you want a computer diagnosis when the issue is obviously related with your PC port?

I have several computers with diferent configurations, both nVidia and ATI and both Intel and AMD, the game crashes in all of them and the issue seems to be related to Windows 7, the only thing my rigs have in common...

I already sent you a Dxdiag and got no reply at all, more than a week has passed and now I sent the computer diagnosis as requested but I don't expect much from your support since you already told us there is no update scheduled for this game, keep in mind that I have tons of games installed, runing normal, and I won't tweak my stuff just cause of a fawlty game like this one. I can only recall another one that gave even more trouble, Alice Madness Returns through Origin, it simply won't start, but that one is DRM related, this one isn't!
ColJP

Postby AndyC682 » 05 September 2011, 22:38

ColJP wrote:I don't get it!

keep in mind that I have tons of games installed, runing normal, and I won't tweak my stuff just cause of a fawlty game like this one.

+1
AndyC682

Postby FocusTechSupport » 07 September 2011, 14:47

Please open your Faery - Legends of Avalon folder (located by default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Faery - Legends of Avalon).
Rename the files PhysXCore.dll, PhysXDevice.dll and PhysXLoader.dll then run the game.

Otherwise, please add these files to exclusion/exception list in your anti-virus: Faery.exe and GameServer.dll.
FocusTechSupport
Administrateur

Postby AndyC682 » 07 September 2011, 20:38

Ive tried the exceptions thats not worked.

Rename the PhysX files to what?
AndyC682

Postby AndyC682 » 07 September 2011, 21:13

FocusTechSupport wrote:
Rename the files PhysXCore.dll, PhysXDevice.dll and PhysXLoader.dll then run the game.

Ive renamed these to random names and i can get 1-5 clicks further into character creation but it still crashes before you can complete it. The game isnt writing a fresh .dmp file and the time and date accessed hasnt changed on the current 1 ive already sent to you.
AndyC682

Postby ColJP » 07 September 2011, 22:24

AndyC682 wrote:
FocusTechSupport wrote:

Ive renamed these to random names and i can get 1-5 clicks further into character creation but it still crashes before you can complete it. The game isnt writing a fresh .dmp file and the time and date accessed hasnt changed on the current 1 ive already sent to you.

exactly, this has nothing to do with the PhysX Engine but with the Faery engine core code, ATI cards don't have PhysX by hardware and the symptoms are the same as with NVidia cards. The problem lies elsewhere, the engine cannot communicate with the OS, its being stopped somewhere and even with everything down (firewalls, UAC's and so on) it refuses to work and its not a driver issue either, I went down a couple of versions both in ATI as in nVidia and the results where the same, always the same crash at char creation as in disk access by tryimg to load Dragon Cave.

too bugged for PC, without a serious update there's no hope.
ColJP

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Forum