Download without executable file

Download without executable file

Postby cposs » 22 May 2011, 13:50

Hello,
I recently downloaded this game demo to try and when chose finish and launch it came up with an error. When I try to click on it is says Windows is searching for FaeryDemo.exe. To locate the file yourself, click Browse. When I checked the game download sure enough there is no executable file other than uninstall. It saved to Program files/Faery Legends of Avalon Demo. I downloaded the demo from Strategy Informer. I'm not sure if the file is corrupt and I should try download somewhere else?
Thankyou
Cposs
cposs

Re: Download without executable file

Postby FocusTechSupport » 23 May 2011, 09:06

Once the file downloaded (faery_demo.zip), please check the file size:

Right mouse click the file faery_demo.zip and click Properties.
The file size must be: 650 MB (682 216 335 bytes).
Otherwise please redownload the file.

We recommend you to use a free download manager like Free Download Manager http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/ to download your files.
This will allow you to resume a broken or paused download and should prevent the corruption of files once the game downloaded.
FocusTechSupport
Administrateur

Postby cposs » 24 May 2011, 06:09

Hi again,
I've downloaded the manager and redownloaded the game, but I found out what the problem is, AVG detected a virus in the executable file called Win32/Heur. It detected when I opened the file and will not allow me to access the file. So no joy yet. Will this happen every time I download even from a different site? Let me know if you work out the issue with AVG.
Thanks again
Cposs
cposs

Postby romfromfocus » 24 May 2011, 09:17

Hello cposs,
AVG has been contacted. They will solve the problem through an update of their white list.
Meanwhile please disable your protection software (AVG) before installing the game then reactivate it when it is installed.
romfromfocus
Administrateur

Return to Technical Forum