Congrats on a beautiful and very fun game!

Congrats on a beautiful and very fun game!

Postby dysphorya » 24 December 2010, 00:46

I just finished Faery on XBox 360 and wanted to extend my congratulations on your wonderfully executed game! I downloaded it a few days ago after seeing a good rating tagged to its beautifully illustrated Arcade icon. It's been my favorite Arcade game so far, and I rank it among my all-time favorite RPG games.

There have been mixed reviews throughout the game sites, but as most Faery fans will quickly see, the reviewers made some glaring oversights or incorrect assumptions. For example, the game has tremendous depth that is realized by any gamer with back-knowledge of Faery's base mythology; the game has a compact, tight, and elegantly woven design that fits perfectly in its downloadable-scaled package (there is no way the customization breadth of games like Oblivion could be included for the price and file size); the turn-based battle system is geared toward MMORPG/RPG gamers and is rarely enjoyed by FPS fans, who typically critique this design as repetitive and boring; the game's ending sucessfully hooks the gamer for the next episode -- players are supposed to be hungry for more!

Your team has done a brilliant job. Thank you so much for Faery -- can't wait for the next episode!! In the meantime, any plans to make some of the preliminary design sketches, screenshots, and promotional art available for desktop downloads? It would be great to be able to buy MP3s of the soundtrack, too!
dysphorya

Re: Congrats on a beautiful and very fun game!

Postby XerNaut » 25 December 2010, 08:42

Well put. I enjoyed the game very much as well. After beating the game today, I'm hoping that they release the continuation soon! I'm seriously hooked to the story and want to know what happens next! :D lol
XerNaut

Postby Obéron » 29 December 2010, 17:41

Thanks a lot for your nice comments : it's always a pleasure for the team to see that the players enjoy our creation, we've done the game for you !
Obéron
Administrateur

Postby lindseyroyal » 18 January 2011, 17:45

I do lvoe it as well. I've beaten it about 6 times already. I would lvoe to see some changes though: like to be able to customize your companions and get armor and such for them, more options when creating your character, such as hair and weapon type. Maybe even a class and race. Like a female elf or a male faery. More options when it comes to horns and maybe a lower wing for the bird wings? I know it's a lot but when a game like this comes a long I get motivated and I wish I was on the developing team. I'm a very creative person and I'm HUGE on video games and RPGs. OOh maybe even a bigger effect on the three starred magic spells. I know each character is different like Grim. his magic deals with animals. Maybe they could have a special abilitiy too like maybe Grim could turn into an animal and fight for a few rounds as that animal? Just wondering lol.
lindseyroyal

Postby Draggy » 23 January 2011, 01:53

I would also like to thank you sincerely for making a beautiful, cute and very true to classical traditions of making turn-based fantasy RPGs game! This game made me remember best console games of this genre, like Chrono Cross for example. The art is very unique and beautiful and characters are memorable, especially the dragon. I'm a big fan of dragons and the presence of your own pet dragon hugely influenced my decision to buy the game in PSN. I hope you'll develop this dragon as a character more in next games, I really do =^^= Something like more scenes and interactions with him etc.

I'm from Ukraine and there wasn't this game present in Russian PSN store. So I wanted this game that badly that I had to register in USA PSN store to get it.

I might be the first person from Ukraine to praise this game so remember there are fans of it even there :D

I really miss such games nowadays and there you are making this magical story for PS3!
I would buy any sequels and add-ons of this to support this game and traditional JRPG genre on PS3. (yea I know JRPG means Japanese RPG but your game has a lot in common with JRPGs.
Draggy

Postby lindseyroyal » 29 January 2011, 14:56

Draggy wrote:I would also like to thank you sincerely for making a beautiful, cute and very true to classical traditions of making turn-based fantasy RPGs game! This game made me remember best console games of this genre, like Chrono Cross for example. The art is very unique and beautiful and characters are memorable, especially the dragon. I'm a big fan of dragons and the presence of your own pet dragon hugely influenced my decision to buy the game in PSN. I hope you'll develop this dragon as a character more in next games, I really do =^^= Something like more scenes and interactions with him etc.

I'm from Ukraine and there wasn't this game present in Russian PSN store. So I wanted this game that badly that I had to register in USA PSN store to get it.

I might be the first person from Ukraine to praise this game so remember there are fans of it even there :D

I really miss such games nowadays and there you are making this magical story for PS3!
I would buy any sequels and add-ons of this to support this game and traditional JRPG genre on PS3. (yea I know JRPG means Japanese RPG but your game has a lot in common with JRPGs.

I would love add-ons and sequels as well. Maybe even more customization forthe characters as well? hehe
lindseyroyal

Postby Kalerosky » 31 January 2011, 16:02

Hello, I'm already playing the game (in ps3) and I love it.
I'm from Spain and I do appreciate the effort on translate into my languague. Many thanks. Also I'd like to tell you that I pretend to buy all the sequels that you gonna release from this game, so keep thinking on new ideas and worlds!!
Congrats about the game :D
Kalerosky

Postby Cell1e » 08 May 2011, 14:59

I am enjoying playing this game too, I love the sweetness of it and the romance!

Being able to fly is a lot of fun and very new for me. I am enjoying the story line and missions and meeting all the new and different characters, well done to the writers and developers! :D

Oh and the character creator is very well done, although I would like more hairstyles and also ways of changing hair and make-up in game!

I will definitely buy the next installments and spread the word about this lovely little game. Oh one thing...I would have liked to romance Selim but I meet him so close to the end there is barely a chance to get to know him, maybe the mirrors could be gone through in any order?

Oh and being able to talk to my party members when they are with me would be nice too, just like the way you can chat to them around the mirror area. I love romance in games and loved the innocence but sweetness of the romance between my character and Aziel. If I could have more chances to talk to him during game play and more sweet compliments would be nice, oh and I love the charming translations..to me that adds to the character and charm.

Tres bien, merci beaucoup!! (hehe :D )
Cell1e

Postby The_deceased » 09 May 2011, 17:19

Couldn't agree more with these posts, definitely a must for RPG and non RPG fans alike.

Obéron wrote:Thanks a lot for your nice comments : it's always a pleasure for the team to see that the players enjoy our creation, we've done the game for you !

No, thank you for this great game :D

lindseyroyal wrote:I do lvoe it as well. I've beaten it about 6 times already. I would lvoe to see some changes though: like to be able to customize your companions and get armor and such for them, more options when creating your character, such as hair and weapon type. Maybe even a class and race. Like a female elf or a male faery. More options when it comes to horns and maybe a lower wing for the bird wings? I know it's a lot but when a game like this comes a long I get motivated and I wish I was on the developing team. I'm a very creative person and I'm HUGE on video games and RPGs. OOh maybe even a bigger effect on the three starred magic spells. I know each character is different like Grim. his magic deals with animals. Maybe they could have a special abilitiy too like maybe Grim could turn into an animal and fight for a few rounds as that animal? Just wondering lol.

Six times :shock: you should've made at least two guides by now lol those are some great ideas. There should be a suggestions section where players post ideas for improving the game.
The_deceased

Postby Laleith » 20 August 2011, 14:40

Cell1e wrote:Oh one thing...I would have liked to romance Selim but I meet him so close to the end there is barely a chance to get to know him, maybe the mirrors could be gone through in any order?(hehe :D )

There is a way to romance Selim, if you still want to and haven't found it yet. All you do is, once you get him as a party member, go to the mirror and switch out any of your waiting friend for him, then talk to him and several unique dialogue options will pop up. Select the friendly ones, and he ~should~ confess his love for your character. (I accidentally got both him and Aziel to fall for my faery girl, but I told Selim that I just wanted to be friends.)

And to the developers, I am looking forward to the sequels as well! I play this game at least once every week or two, especially since I still haven't found everything, and I cannot WAIT to see where the other mirrors will take us!
Laleith

Next

Return to General Forum