For Anybody Who's Still Here And Wants Answers

For Anybody Who's Still Here And Wants Answers

Postby PeacefullyCrazy » 27 April 2013, 04:28

So, here is the deal:

There will never be a sequel.

Faery received too poor reviews and wasn't sucessful enough to be continued. There will be no DLC, no add ons, zip. Faery has been cancelled, and will not continue. So that ending, yeah, that's all you get.

The best you have now is a fanfiction in the works by the author Lohce Azcry. She's been working on a pretty decent sequel, since I've been beta-ing it. Other than that, well, the end. There's nothing left.
PeacefullyCrazy

Re: For Anybody Who's Still Here And Wants Answers

Postby The_deceased » 29 April 2013, 15:27

Already discussed here . Guess we stopped believing in fairies, lol.

As for the fan fiction, are there any links for it or other works by the same author? If not, then I hope that you would link us once it's done, :) .
The_deceased

Postby PeacefullyCrazy » 01 May 2013, 00:54

Lohce Azcry, http://www.fanfiction.net/~lohceazcry

Here's a snippet of the draft for the first chapter (dear God I hope she doesn't show up here or I'm dead).

Enjoy.

----
"So, Aziel, where exactly is your mother?" Charlie asked as they sped towards the Mirrors, raising her voice over the rushing wind.

She noticed her companion's face harden as he replied, almost reluctant to answer. "I don't exactly know, but I have a vague idea." he muttered, averting his eyes to the village below. "We need to find the Sphinx. I have a feeling he'll know where to start."

She slowed, briefly, her honeysuckle-eyes widening at him. After Bert's betrayal and Oberon's revelation, she found she was hardly surprised that Aziel would be another member of the Let's Betray Charlie club. Still, it stung. "Oh, this day can't get any better." she snorted, and he looked at her with a twinge of hurt. "Are you telling me that after declaring war on Oberon we claim to know where your mother is but in reality we don't have a single idea?"

"I never said I didn't know, Charlie," he said, shaking his head in exasperation. "I told you I have an idea. But right now we need to get to the Sphinx before Oberon closes the Mirrors."

"Closing the-what?"

Indeed, as they approached the set of Mirrors, she saw the images burned on their surfaces fading, and fast. Yggdrasil's Mirror was already nothing but an empty pane of glass reflecting the gray sky, and the upper portion mast in the Dutchman's Mirror was already gone. She increased her speed until she was past Aziel, stopping in front of The City of Mirages just as The Flying Dutchman faded from view. In the distance, the tower taunted them, and she could imagine the Faery King up there sneering as his magic closed their only escape. Well played, Oberon. You intend to trap me here and simply wait until I let my guard down.

She turned to Aziel. "He can do that?" she asked, bewildered.

"I'm sure Oberon can do a lot of things we didn't know." he replied darkly.
PeacefullyCrazy

Postby The_deceased » 01 May 2013, 20:50

PeacefullyCrazy wrote:Lohce Azcry, http://www.fanfiction.net/~lohceazcry

Here's a snippet of the draft for the first chapter (dear God I hope she doesn't show up here or I'm dead).

Glad that I already am, lol.

This is really interesting. I liked the concept a lot, especially Oberon displaying his powers. It definitely adds another dimension which would make a great addition to the game! I hope it will be lengthy as I already enjoyed this short piece a lot. Hope that more ppl take a look at it.
The_deceased

Postby PeacefullyCrazy » 02 May 2013, 03:36

Ha! I'd roll your thanks to her, but then she'd follow it back. According to LA, she wants to dig deeper into faery stasis and the conflict between Oberon and Charlie. She really liked the concept of Oberon being able to trap faeries into stasis.
PeacefullyCrazy

Postby Luriah » 01 June 2013, 19:24

Well, I am saddened that this game will never be completed. I had no idea it was a part 1 of 3 that have yet to be created. :( Loved it until the end where the game came to a hard stop with credits. What makes me even more sad is that this game wasnt completed as a whole like it shouldve been & put out properly for the public. :( sad day for me, guess I shouldve looked into the game more before thinking hey a cool game & buying it only to be shorthanded. Are there any other games out there like Faery???
Luriah

Postby PeacefullyCrazy » 03 June 2013, 23:24

The Elder Scrolls is a good one. Dragonslayer, too.
PeacefullyCrazy

Postby The_deceased » 04 June 2013, 21:38

Game play wise, the only two games I know of that play similarly to Faery are Zone of the Enders and Mister mosquito even though they have nothing to do with Fairies or RPGs at all lol I know few RPGs that allow you to fly at some part of the game like Dragon Quest VIII and Ni No Koni (I think) but none of them are based on flying around nor Fairies.The only game I know, however, that had some fairies involved is Shin Megami Tensei/ Persona but still, it is not based on fairies. I would like to find a similar game myself, if any.

Let's hope that the sequels will come out at some point in the future .. you never know what might happen, :) .
The_deceased

Return to General Forum