Faery Review - What you could do to improve?

Faery Review - What you could do to improve?

Postby Rocketfist » 24 April 2012, 01:52

Hi, I hope I don't come off rude or anything, it's just my opinion and experience to tell you how your game was. I'm pretty sure there's lots of video reviews of your game on youtube and such. (I hope you administrators are reading this)

Here are some list I think you guys could do to improve:

-Navigation guide system:
I spent almost half an hour lost on where I was suppose to go when I went through the mirrors to other worlds. The giant tree level was probably the worst...if not...then the Flying Dutchmen was second. If level design's too big, then you need to scale them into different parts of you want map reader to become easy.

-Side Quest:
Most side quest felt like chores. And maybe that's tradition, that's fine. But What I don't like is how some characters are "Specifically" needed to get the main quest moving, which brings us back to Navigation up above. It was really time consuming and nearly bored me.

-Bland Companions:
I know there's some small background like your romantic interest when they open up to you by tad bit, or when you save that "Troll" that carries the book was okay, but...I think you guys can do something about that, maybe tension between your companions to increase intensity.

-Voice Acting:
Adding voice would be nice.

-Dialogue System:
Why is it so like...."Mass Effect"...I think you guys should use something like Dragon Age: Origins, I like moments in that dialogue list of sentence where you don't know what's right or wrong, but that conversation wheel felt like it just broke the immersion of the game. Like you can't help but go like "Mass Effect" related material. I know it sounds like I'm whining like a kid, but...I strongly feel you guys can come up your own original dialogue bar, I don't know what but that highlighted RED and BLUE dialogue select just was too convenient and easy.

-Point of Faery wings?:
I enjoyed flying freely in the air where ever the hell you want (Flying where ever you want in the level should definitely be in the next game), but what I found really disappointing was when it came to combat mode, there's no point except the character can hover in mid flight. What I think you guys can do is maybe at some point of the game level there's chasing an epic chasing thief, or Escaping another giant being (Possible a crazy human). There's got to be and interactive moment in game sequence where flying around has to increase nostalgic moment.

-Combat turn phase:
Now the turn phase is okay...but the long period of time of waiting for your turn, enemies turn, your turn, enemies, companion's and so on just feels...boring...I think if you can add maybe weapon specialization for your fairy rather than gender wise like. Male = Bow+Arrow. Female = wand/stick cast thing. (Perhaps if you guys played Kingdom of Alar: Reckoning, there were epic sequence moment where as you character delivers a final execution, there would be these button charge up meter that if you press it fast enough, Exp would increase, giving the player more interactive gameplay when it comes to hard core action.)

-Magic system: Um...I guess most magic combining was unique, but how bout if you have one companion specialize in their own respective power, they can combine their powers to form ULTIMATE MIX CASTING with another companion, (That one was just an idea I had in mind.)

It just didn't seem fair MY character itself (aside the companion) can have all these magic type the player can chose on their play through.

I don't know much else what to say, I think I shared my only feelings towards my play through twice.

I'd give this game a 7/10. It was an interesting world, simple concept, gameplay was basicly simple.

I just hope the next sequel you guys can step up your game man. Make my money i spent worth something to make big changes in next game. I want to see your game grow!
Rocketfist

Re: Faery Review - What you could do to improve?

Postby Sencilia » 24 April 2012, 08:41

What I want is to be able to press x to get to the next dialogue part. I hate having to read as fast as I can to make sure I get everything. I would also like a compass quest marker like in Skyrim and Oblivion. I would also like to be able to talk to my companions even if they are in my party. Its abit of a pain having to keep trading my companions.

Having more choice in weapons would be cool too. I'd love to see my fairies using swords or something.
Sencilia

Postby Rocketfist » 25 April 2012, 02:26

Sencilia wrote:What I want is to be able to press x to get to the next dialogue part. I hate having to read as fast as I can to make sure I get everything. I would also like a compass quest marker like in Skyrim and Oblivion. I would also like to be able to talk to my companions even if they are in my party. Its abit of a pain having to keep trading my companions.

Having more choice in weapons would be cool too. I'd love to see my fairies using swords or something.

Wait, so they don't have skip/speed up dialogue for your PS3? (I got 360)
Rocketfist

Postby Sencilia » 25 April 2012, 12:46

Rocketfist wrote:
Sencilia wrote:What I want is to be able to press x to get to the next dialogue part. I hate having to read as fast as I can to make sure I get everything. I would also like a compass quest marker like in Skyrim and Oblivion. I would also like to be able to talk to my companions even if they are in my party. Its abit of a pain having to keep trading my companions.

Wait, so they don't have skip/speed up dialogue for your PS3? (I got 360)

It does but if I take too long reading, it goes to the next dialogue window and I miss out on parts of the dialogue. It annoys me coz I have to read fast so I don't miss anything.
Sencilia

Postby Pokey4203 » 04 June 2013, 22:39

Sencilia wrote:It does but if I take too long reading, it goes to the next dialogue window and I miss out on parts of the dialogue. It annoys me coz I have to read fast so I don't miss anything.

Same thing with XBOX. Sometimes there's too much to read and not enough time given to read it.
...I much prefer voice overs, that way I just follow along (or listen and not have to look at tv for a moment).
Pokey4203

Postby Pokey4203 » 04 June 2013, 23:11

I think the only thing I would change with the fighting would be to increase the number of your party from 3 to 5. (The villians/computer sometimes has 5, and has a "backrow". Why not the hero/player?)
I also would change it so you have more control of the upgrading of the other characters. I had upgraded my fairy a few times (think she was at least level 10, but don't recall) before Aziel said he was ready to learn something new.
And I think some of the upgrading (metamorphasis) is rediculous. The type of wings should be chosen at time of character creation, and when time to upgrade you choose the type of magic to "infuse" into the wings. That way you could have butterfly wings with something other then electric power. And I would also make it so Aziel doesn't come with electric magic, just empty wings to be infused with magic type of my choice.
I would also add shops that you can sell/buy equipment.
Pokey4203

Return to General Forum