Request: Inverted X-Axis

Request: Inverted X-Axis

Postby fluxrider » 15 September 2011, 01:08

I got the game today for PS3, and I love what I have seen so far except that I would like a invert x-axis option. Its great there is an invert y-axis feature, but that's hardly enough.

I actually wish for the day the invert axis options will be on the controller hardware itself, or the PS3 OS. Right now, all games need to add the options, its silly.
fluxrider

Re: Request: Inverted X-Axis

Postby Sencilia » 16 September 2011, 15:51

Whats Inverted X-Axis?
Sencilia

Postby The_deceased » 17 September 2011, 05:28

Sencilia wrote:Whats Inverted X-Axis?

In regard to gaming: X-Axis = horizontal camera movement and Y-Axis is the vertical one. Some people, like me, are used to inverted movements that is pressing left will move the camera to the opposite direction rather than left.

I like this idea : ) but it'll take a lot of cooperation between developers to implement a certain code, or maybe it should be imposed by sony, MC =/ personally I hate it when I have to keep changing the settings. Surprisingly, some games actually get it wrong lol or when others don't give you the ability to invert it at all.
The_deceased

Postby fluxrider » 18 September 2011, 17:15

Yeah, there isn't really an "inverted" and "normal" standard anyway. Some games have what I like by default, other like Faery have have the opposite by defualt.

I think the paradigm are like this:
1) you have a stick handle in the back of your head, so looking right means moving the handle left, looking up mves the handle down [this is my prefered mode].
2) you have the stick in the front of your head, so pulling right will turn your head righ, and up will make you look up [I hate this mode]

I wish games would offer these two settings, and then for the really weird people you could invert an axis individually.
Right now in Faery, you have paradigm #2 and can invert Y only if you wish, but I can't get paradigm #1 from that -_-

Thanks for replying ^_^
fluxrider

Postby Sencilia » 19 September 2011, 12:17

fluxrider wrote:1) you have a stick handle in the back of your head, so looking right means moving the handle left, looking up mves the handle down [this is my prefered mode].
2) you have the stick in the front of your head, so pulling right will turn your head righ, and up will make you look up [I hate this mode]

Sounds Painful, having a stick in your head, lol.
Sencilia

Return to General Forum