Alternate Endings? **Spoiler** and suggestions

Alternate Endings? **Spoiler** and suggestions

Postby vulgaire » 30 July 2011, 12:47

I'm rather disappointed. I loved the game-play, don't get me wrong, but when it came to the ending i confronted Oberon about all his shortcomings in the other worlds, and i also told him that i understood why he had to neglect some of them. i then chose to ask Selim what he thought and we both chose to NOT continue as Oberon's allies. It gave me a very halfhearted ending- i didn't see ANYTHING that said "To be continued", Just wondering if there are alternate endings? Like if I choose to play as an evil faery, or will it give me the same bs?

LOVED the game, wish there was a little more to it, as most people have commented- for what it is, it's rich visually, but not a lot to do in the different worlds, lighting was an issue in the flying Dutchman world, and the only major glitch i found was towards the end when i had to report to the sphinx (had to press B only to have it skip to the end where the sphinx thanks me for saving his world). I was a little disappointed that there wasn't much development with the love aspect, but surprised that the game even WENT there. All and all it was cute. I'm not a big gamer (i'm horrible with the controls- i felt this game enabled you to take things slowly and develop the hand/eye coordination) so i felt that the slower pace was nice. I downloaded this game from Xbox live and played it on medium, just for reference.

I thought for a while that Julie the Peri weaver would turn out to be Oberon's lover or something, and am kinda sad that you never really get to find out who it is.

~Suggestions~ As well as making the flying Dutchman level brighter, I think having a narrator for all of the dialogue going on would help tremendously. I found it really hard to read the tiny lettering and kind of bored with only hearing the background noise and music. Someone in the forums mentioned having some of your enemies come back within a certain amount of time so you could get more experience points and such. Also, if we COULD develop evil or mischievous faeries not to destroy the faery world, but to rule it - could be an awesome alternate ending. :D

Thanks for this game and the forum! Couldn't have finished without everyone's tips!
vulgaire

Re: Alternate Endings? **Spoiler** and suggestions

Postby The_deceased » 31 July 2011, 18:29

I don't think there's an alternate ending as I tried both dialogues but got the same ending :) However, the ending implied that the adventure isn't over yet, also there are other mirrors leading to other realms. Still, I think what you chose would affect the outcome of the next episode as in allying yourself with Oberon or Titania (his wife), either that or starting a whole new adventure.

Regarding the enemies, some of them do show up every now and then or after certain quests, like the hornets at the entrance of the hive but yea we need more enemies as well as filling the skies with flying enemies and Faeries as well.
The_deceased

Postby Briling » 05 June 2012, 00:56

I have to say, I was also pretty disappointed with the ending. When I finally returned to Avalon I was all hyped up to tear into Oberon, and then... end game. I found it pretty short to begin with (though short can be sweet), but that just irked me. I want to be mad, but I know I'm just going to lap up whatever they toss us next for this game.
Briling

Postby Sencilia » 05 June 2012, 15:15

Maybe they make them short so they can keep making more games so we can keep buying them. But i'd probably keep buying them anyway.
Sencilia

Postby Naiadae » 21 August 2012, 06:45

I agree, and voice actors. If they wanted them, I would gladly contribute my voice as any of the female characters if not more than one! If I knew how to do it for free, I'd make a full recording of all the voices with friends and family for all the parts and then put it up for free download. But I don't know how and I'd much rather be paid to do a part than do the work of all the parts on my own. If they needed any voices, I would surely email in some lines! Even audition with different accents and the types of voices I could do! I'm not alone am I? Wouldn't other fans also gladly lend their voices to the game?

Anyway that's my two cents, can't wait to finish this game. ^_^
Naiadae

Postby The_deceased » 21 August 2012, 13:19

Welcome to the forums!

Well, this is something you don't hear of everyday :shock: Usually developers don't incorporate voices to cut down expanses as professional voice talents cost them a lot (or simply could not be bothered to ;) ) It would be really interesting to see how some of the dialogues would turn out with your own voice over :)
The_deceased

Postby Naiadae » 21 August 2012, 17:14

Thanks! And I agree, the way the accents are written in to the pirate lines makes them sound so fun in my head, and could you imagine the voice of Aslan from Narnia as Oberon? One of my other dreams was to be a voice actress (right next to game designer). I think the closest I could do to a voice over done all on my own would be to get one of those programs that can record the game as I play it and then layering in the voices. Problem is, all that would do would make someone be able to watch my play through and enjoy my amateur voice acting all the way through, rather than hear the voices as they play themselves. But oh well, maybe the next games will include voices?

Oddly, If I was on the team myself, say doing parts of the script and then got news we wouldn't have enough budget to hire actors...I'd volunteer! Though I do understand releasing a game with no voices is better than releasing a game with voices that aren't believable or badly done. Still, if I were on the team I would have asked if the lot of us could try and do the voices ourselves. Then again there may have been a time crunch too and they simply had no time.

Anyway, if I ever do make a play through video with my own voice over attempts I will be sure to link it here. :D
Naiadae

Postby The_deceased » 22 August 2012, 06:27

Well, you sound like you know what you're doing, so I would definitely enjoy your work regardless of the fact that I'm not playing myself :) It's crazy how that you don't hear a single word throughout the game (except for attack shouts, hummings and crabs communicating with each other lol). Surely such program would be costy, though. No need to since not many ppl are around these parts anymore lol but if you ever done it, let us know :)
The_deceased

Postby Naiadae » 24 August 2012, 19:55

So I see, not many people are here.

But I thought I'd let you know that I took my queen idea and am using it in a Faery: Legends of Avalon fan-story. Basically taking the exact events from the game, but telling it from the perspective of my faery girl. I will link it if I finish it. :)
Naiadae

Postby The_deceased » 27 August 2012, 04:49

Yea lol but topics receive surprisingly many views, so I suspect that many ppl lurk around lol
and evry nice :) don't forget to link it once you done.
The_deceased

Return to General Forum