The ending...?

The ending...?

Postby freyawenonah » 04 December 2012, 22:52

I'm sorry if this seems a stupid question but I just completed (!) the game and it ended at a really odd spot. I bought the game as a demo and then purchased the full game thinking this would go on for a while. However I finished the quests and went and chatted to Oberon and then wham! Game over. Is that it? Seriously?
Did I need to choose the other path and stay "faithful to Oberon" or is this really just the end?
freyawenonah

Re: The ending...?

Postby The_deceased » 05 December 2012, 17:54

Indeed it is :) . However, it took me about 15-17 hours since that I played on hardest difficulty and was searching for items, so it was worth the price, for me that is.

I agree with you that the game ended abruptly ... at least we got some screenshots at the end lol. Do note that more realms were planned, so the story hasn't ended ... whenever the developers decide to start working on it :P

Edit: Just to be safe, you did finish all quests and explored all four realms? Then yeah that is about it, lol.
The_deceased

Postby freyawenonah » 06 December 2012, 20:38

I emailed Spiders and they said there are no plans for a sequel as Focus didn't think this game sold very well :'(
freyawenonah

Postby The_deceased » 07 December 2012, 11:07

Seriously? :o Thought that the future looked promising as the pc version sold well.

These empty mirrors are going to bother me, and I also was looking forward for seeing Oberon's wife.

Thank you very much for emailing them :) .
The_deceased

Postby freyawenonah » 07 December 2012, 11:51

I know :( I'm thinking of starting a petition. I really love this game and I was so disappointed when they told me there's no sequel. I was so excited about a fight with Oberon and, like you, seeing his wife. Sigh.

I really think a petition is the way to go.
freyawenonah

Postby The_deceased » 08 December 2012, 00:48

Yea :) Titania's design looks so beautiful. There is also a knight/warrior who would have made an appearance. Not to mention Drake's growth. Generally, I am so excited for the development of the characters.

I loved your idea! and you have my full support. However, there are hardly 300 users signed up on this website (excluding the bots). We need to spread the word around other forums like gamefaqs. It would be ten times better if we done this earlier, but it is better than nothing I guess :)

I will PM all users here once you set up the petition. Then, I'll move on to other websites/forms related to Faery:LoA.
Let me know if there is anything else I can do.
The_deceased

Postby freyawenonah » 08 December 2012, 01:24

I've done it. It's here- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/faerylegends/. Just tell anyone and everyone you can about it and hopefully we can make a difference :D
freyawenonah

Postby The_deceased » 08 December 2012, 03:19

This is really cool :o Signed up and will get down to work once I get back home.

Thank you a lot, Freya :) .
The_deceased

Postby DeVries84 » 11 December 2012, 07:13

Honestly, RPGs have given me the best overall value of any genre. Faery looked very appealing so I played the demo finding myself wanting to play more. Out of EVERY arcade game on XBL this one caught my attention. I can just tell I'm going to end up loving this game and end up disappointed with the time limit. I would end up playing on the hardest difficulty like the other guy did just to make it worth it. I almost wish you wouldn't have sent that e-mail to the developers because that was my deciding factor in buying the game. I'm about to play the demo again and tease myself. :( Its between this and Perfect Dark. If I knew there was a DLC or a sequel it would be an instant buy.
DeVries84

Postby DeVries84 » 11 December 2012, 07:20

Also, if any news is given on a change of opinion on behalf of the developers, please e-mail or PM me on XBL(dandevries1984@hotmail.com and DeVries84). Would be much appreciated!
DeVries84

Next

Return to General Forum